QT Problems can occur on RH6.1 (aka: Re: kdevelop don't find libraries)

Roland Knall roland.knall at gmx.net
Tue Oct 19 20:16:50 BST 1999

Additional information:

I recommended on the top-thread-mail, that you should set the Path to the
rpmdistribution paths. I have just figured out, that as I tried to compile KDE
2 the QT 2.0.1 distribution is not complet, or better is not where it should
be. As there exists two packages, one can also be found at
/usr/doc/qt-devel-2.0.1
So if you need Documentation under QT 1.44, or you have to compile KDE2
download the source files, and make a "source reinstall". Many problems,
including wrong/ not available documentation problems are solved, and life
works easier.

IF SOME OFFICIAL OF RH READS THIS LINES! I know you prefer gnome and gtk, but
PLEASE change the way you ship QT Libraries. Especially the fact QT-1.44 is not
installed as standard QT library. It's useless the way RH manages the library
versions.

Roland