Problems to compile Kdevelop 1.0Beta3

Gregor Stipicic gstipi at aon.at
Mon Oct 18 19:20:00 BST 1999

Hi there !

Eugene Jansen wrote:

>         <..snip..>
>
> Jens,
> some questions:
> - do you have qt 2.x anywhere on your machine?
> - if you do, where are the libraries installed?
> - what does your ld.so.conf (in /etc) look like?
> - do you only have the libs in $QTDIR or the headers as well i.e. you have a
> $QTDIR/libs and $QTDIR/include with all the qt header files
>
> Regards,
> Eugene
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have the same problem as Sauli has. But my system is a SuSE 6.1 and I
> > HAVE
> > THE QT1.44 but the `./configure --with-qt-dir=$QTDIR --prefix=$KDEDIR'
> > instruction failes with `Qt (>= 1.42 and < 2.0) (libraries) not found.' .
> > What
> > can I do? I tried to find a solution in the configure script, but do not
> > understand the instructions. Is there a solution for this problem?
> >
> > Mit freundlichen Gru?en / With best regards,
> >
> > Jens Schilling
> >
> > mailto:       jens.schilling at arcormail.com
> > Tel.:   +49 341 2117820

I had absolutely the same problems and eventually i found out what
was/is wrong. Take a look at config.log (in the directory where you
untared kdevelop
and ran ./configure) and you´ll probably figure out that ./configure
fails to compile a small program, which indeed only tests the QT version
by including one of QT´s headers. The problem is, that this header only
exists, if you´ve installed the packet qt_compat, which is e.g. part of
the SuSE distro.
Install it a. i hope it´ll work ! Have a lot of fun with KDevelop.

Gregor Stipicic                   //    //  //\\    //   //  // \\  //
Dr. Gmelinstr. 5                 //    //  //  \\  //   //  //    /\
5020 Salzburg                   //__  //  //    \\//   //__//   //  \\
AUSTRIA
Tel.: +43 (662) 430712
email: gstipi at aon.at
Linux - less bugs for less bucks