Using QTabBar (or KTabCtl) to dynamically add/remove tabs

Gordon Tyler gtyler at iafrica.com
Sun Oct 17 23:23:11 BST 1999

Hi,

I'm writing a text editor using KDevelop and I would like to have the names
of the files loaded as tabs above the text editing area (ala UltraEdit). I
am using a class derived from KTabCtl as my main view inside a
KTMainWindow-derived class but I am having difficulty getting tabs removed
from the KTabCtl. It seems to be a limitation of the QTabBar class used by
KTabCtl. I have tried reconstructing the QTabBar with only the tabs I want
to keep but that doesn't work too well (the next tab added sizes it's
associated edit widget very small - *shrug*).

Is there a way around this limitation? Or am I going to have to roll my own
tab control? I suspect the latter...

Please accept my apologies if this is an inappropriate place to pose my
question, I don't quite know where else I could ask.

Thanks,
Gordon