Kuml developer snapshot-version now available ...

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Sun Oct 17 11:17:48 BST 1999

On Fri, 15 Oct 1999 Michel Wichers wrote:
>Hi ...
>
>For all who can't wait any longer :-)
>
>The first developer snapshot is instantly available at :
>
>http://users.informatik.fh-hamburg.de/~stacho_d

Hmm, am I the only one who notices that your Makefile setup
is broken?! The reason is that the static libraries in different
subdirectories have certain dependencies, i.e. the linker must
see them in the right order. KDevelop is not prepared for such
a situation. I have fixed this by hand (i.e. put the libraries
in the kuml_LDADD line in kuml/Makefile.am in the correct order),
but I think a possible solution could also be to fix the library
list in the  corresponding sub_dirs variable in the kuml.kdevprj
file and then regenerate all Makefile.am's. Some files like R
EADME, AUTHORS and a license document are missing. BTW: It's
better to use  'make dist' to make a source package, not tar. Or
at least you  could do a 'make distclean' before. Ah, and a last
thing: You  shouldn't give Icon() absolute paths. The icon
loader finds  its icons itself :-)

So, enough rambling ;-) The program looks very promising. I
have no clue what UML is, but the drawing engine looks quite
robust and without much flicker.

Bernd.