Some bugs...

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Sun Oct 17 04:32:41 BST 1999

I think the middle mouse button should paste at the mouse pointer position too.

I don't like the KDE/X Window behaviour where just selecting some text
automatically puts it onto the pasteboard. Why are there 'Copy' commands in the
menus  - there doesn't seem to be a lot of point? By the time you've selected
the text (even if it was in order to change the text to italic), its been
written to the pasteboard overwriting what was there before. So I can't copy
some text in one window with the copy command on the Edit menu, then select
some text to be replaced in another window, and use the 'paste' command to
replace the current selection with the copied text. On every other windowing
system I've used this just works - Mac OS, OpenStep, Windows. I find this
really inconvenient - would it be possible the change this behaviour with some
sort of default option?

-- Richard