Problems to compile Kdevelop 1.0Beta3

Martin Kavec martin.kavec at uku.fi
Fri Oct 15 10:33:44 BST 1999

At 10:24 PM 10/14/99 PDT, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>As i write before, i can't compile Qt or KDE applications with Kdevelop from
>rpm, because it doesn´t find Qt and KDE libraries.
>
>So to solve this, i try to compile Kdevelop 1.0beta3 from sources.  The
>compilation breaks at configure and tells that it could not find  Qt
>libraries.  Is there a bug in the configure script?
>
>I´m using RH6.1. QTDIR variable is /usr/lib/qt-2.0.1 an is OK.  Are QT
>libraries at right place?
>
>>From where can i find beta2 version, it compiles OK on RH6.0?
>
>Thanks
>
>Sauli

Hi Sauli,

 Don't forget, that nowadays kdevelop and also beta3 is still using qt1.44!
So if you want to work with higher version of QT like 2.0.2, you have to
first install kdevelop (and already have installed qt1.44) and that QT 2.x.
If you have qt2.x installed in /usr/lib there may be conflict with qt1.44
when kdevelop is checking for Qt installed. I have therefore installed my
Qt2.0.2 in /usr/local/qt2.0.2. Also, INSTALL advice you to do so.

Good luck and get it work.

Martin Kavec Dipl. Eng.
NMR Research Group
A.I.Virtanen Institute