problems with make and build

keith gaddis kbgaddis at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 6 18:26:26 BST 1999

I've been having some trouble with beta3's make facilities...  The only
way I can get the project as a whole to make is if I do a "clean and
rebuild" from the menu.   I can compile individual files, but if i try
to do a "make" the program just "touch"es each object file, regardless
of the timestamp on the source files.
if I make from the console, however, everything functions normally.  and
if I clean and rebuild, all the object files are deleted, it goes
through the auto* scripts, configures, and makes properly, but if I just
do a clean and the rebuild separately, I have the same problem as with a
make.
I don't know if this is a bug or if I have something misconfigured, but
if someone could point me in the right direction i'd be much
appreciative.

I've also experienced a couple of wierd crashes, but since I can't
reproduce them reliably, i can't tell you much, except that it appears
to occur when I try to add a function through the wizard after having
added a few already.

thanks,
Keith Gaddis