ANNOUNCE: New KDevelop Design

Karl Mindt Mindt at t-online.de
Sun Oct 3 17:33:29 BST 1999

Andrew Morton wrote:

> Dmitri Semenov wrote:
> >
> > 7. IMHO. The orientation primarily on the KDE only is not a good point.
>
> Me too.
>
> My primary interest in kdevelop is to use the class browser, indexing
> and searching functions for visualisation of existing code.  I don't
> actually want to turn that code into a kdevelop project per-se.
>
> I'm pretty sure all this can be done with some scripting which builds a
> project file from the source tree, but that's probably not what the
> designers intended :-)

Have you seen commercial products like SNIFF+ or Source Navigator ? It
would
be great to have a free tool offering similar functionality ! Those
tools
show its possible to build a development support tool without
restricting the user to a specific toolkit for his target application -
there must be other
people like me who mainly do embedded development !
  Thanks,
   K. Mindt