More bugs in beta3

Andrew Stevens Andrew.Stevens at comlab.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 5 12:06:49 BST 1999

Good work Kdevelop guys... a last someone who understands what an IDE
*should* do.
Even in its current preliminary state its well worth using. The browser
especially.
So good it even provoked me to bother to learn automake (and even a spot of
autoconf) ;-).

A few minor bugs: (Apologies if this is old news).

Environment RH6.0 based, KDE 1.1.1

(1) Switching between two projects sometimes seems to confuse KDevelop.  The
sympton is the CV,LFV, etc panel is minimised.  Attempts to "make" take
place in the directory of the previously open project.   Correct behaviour
is restored if a configure and autoconf, automake is triggered.

(2) Framework occasionally still occasionally fails to account for modified
files when re-opening an editted file.  I.e. you get the unmodified version
from disk not the modified version.

(3) For some reason (feature?) selecting "definition" for a user-defined
constructor in the class-view stubbornly takes you to the declaration.

An offer/query:

I've been messing around a lot with working with non-KDE non-KDevelop
created projects under KDevelop.  What's the best way to contribute to the
documentation to put in some more comprehensible explanations of what to do
(and what probably is best not attempted)?

	Andrew