KUML

Darius Stachow shiva at dialup.nacamar.de
Mon Oct 4 18:55:08 BST 1999

Hi !!!

Sorry, I am late, but now here comes the information about KUML.

KUML is/will be an open source visual UML diagram editor for KDE.

I have used Visual UML for Windows as a template. You can create, edit and
print diagrams.

Actually KUML is no option to Visual UML or Rational Rose !
But maybe in the future ;-))

I am sorry, but at the moment there is no public version available to download,
because KUML is still in development. The first alpha version will be released
at the end of the year and will contain an implementation for class
diagrams. No other diagram types will be supported.

I have spent a lot of time with the design of KUML to make it easy
for developers to help to implement other diagram types. Beside of
that I will well comment the sources. And of course class diagrams
of the design will be included ;-))

My hope is, that some developers will join the team to improve KUML.
There are a lot of diagram types and features that want to be
implemented (sequence diagrams, sourcecode generator, XMI).

First, I want to complete a version and well comment it before I will
make KUML open for developer.

But there will be a homepage with screenshots available soon.
The page is almost finished but KUML will propably get his own domain name and
the registration is not yet finished.
I have been told that this will take some days (up to a week) :-(((

As soon as the website is online I will drop a mail.

--

Open your mind ...
Darius