Suggestion for MDI feature

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at geocities.com
Mon Oct 4 06:30:29 BST 1999

Good Morning,

How about this feature in the file view?:

+-------+-------+------+--------#=======#
|Header | C/C++ | Docu |  Tools |  MDI  |
+-------+-------+------+--------#=======#---------+
| #   <MDI childframe-title>              O _ # x |

You can use my Qt-based LGPL library QextMDI
(http://www.geocities.com/gigafalk/qextmdi.htm).
It gives you the ability to implement MDI look and style in an easy way.
Additionally you have the dock/undock feature to switch the MDI member
widgets between toplevel and MDI child frame mode.

Above you can see how MDI support could be included in KDevelop. The
idea is to let the user make the choice!

BTW: QextMDI solves the problem that at the time KDevelop cannot handle
multiple toplevel source windows. Using QextMDI would mean to make
KDevelop interesting for programmers e.g. like those ones using
CoolEdit... (I say hello to Tilo R. ;-)   )

--

Ciao,
--Falk