problems with widgets in kdevelop

Robert.M.Wheat at barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de Robert.M.Wheat at barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de
Sun Oct 3 02:56:07 BST 1999

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, you wrote:
> Hi, I compiled kdevelop beta2, but I got a problem, when I create a new project
> and enter for the first time to the dialog editor the widgets desappear!!!! I
> can see them for arround half second and then they're gone and never again
> appear!!! I installed beta 3 but it's the same thing. Can anyone help me???
> I'm using kde 1.1.1 and redhat 6.0
>
> -----------------------
> Juan Luis Baptiste M.
> Ingeniería de Sistemas
> P.U.J.
> -----------------------

If I understand you correctly, the following should solve your problem.

After entering the Dialog Editor for the first time, all of the tabs in the left portion of the
screen are disabled.  If you choose 'New' from the 'File' menu, or click the icon for 'New' on the
tool bar, a 'new file' dialog will appear.  The 'new file' dialog has several options, but if you
choose the option to create a new 'Qt/KDE Dialog', give it a name, then choose 'OK', you will now
have defined a 'New' dialog (still to be designed and built), and all three of the tabs should now
be active, including the 'Widget' tab.

Good luck.......

Robert M. Wheat, Jr.
belran at worldnet.ibm.net