Future plans to graphical classview

p_george p_george at club-internet.fr
Sat Oct 2 16:36:16 BST 1999

The actual layout of the graphical classview doesn't make it possible to
understand effectively the code structure. For example if C inherits
from A and B, C will be displayed this way :

\_C
\_C

In a big project (like kdevelop itself), this makes inheritance
hierarchy a bit confusing, and does not give a complete view of the
structure (attributes and methods, etc.).

Are there any plans to make this feature evolves in a more object
oriented design way ?
I think it would really be great to get closer to things like Argo/UML
(exists for Linux) or withclass99 (I think exists only for Windows).

I think it would be nice to see on a layout :

- the classes;
- inheritance hierarchy;
- aggregation (with its type ie 1 to 1, 1 to many, ....)
- relations between classes (pointers)
- messages (but to parse the sender and receiver of signals may not be
possible)
- the attributes (with -, +, # notation for private, public, and so on)
- methods.

The two lasts may be hidden using the same button + and - currently
used.

To manage such a thing, a complete rewrite of gfxview seems to be
necessary.

What are the KUML goals ?

Are there any volunteers (with me) and any comments ?