ANNOUNCE: New KDevelop Design

Martin Piskernig martin.piskernig at stuwo.at
Fri Oct 1 12:17:47 BST 1999

Hi!

> 1. Inherit you project class from CProject (a perfect name for a perfect job
> :-). What does that "C" stands for: "C"lass or "C" language? How should I
> call my Java project: JProject or CJProject, in order to be consistent ?).

The C stands for Class, and often a T is used for a Struct.
It is common practice to prepend the classes of a project with some letter
not to interfere with existing data structures you may additionally use in your
project and to give your classes a "personal note". Not only KDevelop does
this, but also Qt  (e.g. QLabel) and KDE (e.g. KToolBar).

Martin