ANNOUNCE: New KDevelop Design

Massimo Morin mmorin at schedsys.com
Fri Oct 1 03:41:38 BST 1999

Hi,
there is already a branch, why not using/working on that???
BTW, from the change log:
29 September 1999 - added plugins & patches section.

wasn't that what you were referring to???

I think that kdevelop team has adopted the linux-developing model: a
stable release (the 1.0 branch that contain mainly fixes and from which
the betas are coming (.. so I hope ;) ) and a "work in progress one" (
the current main branch).

>From my humble point of view, another branch is worse than a new IDE if
there is no merge: that will create confusion (Kdevelop-offial (version
1 and 2), KDEvelop-improved..and others......)

Dunno, but any comments from the kdevelop team??
Walter, Jonas are you there??

Cheers
		Max

--
                                               _...__..-'
Massimo Morin                                .'
mmorin at schedsys.com                        .'
+1 (617) 484 2999                        .'
                                       .'
      `   `;'-.-'         '-    ._     Scheduling Systems Inc.
        .--'``  '._      - '   .       Three University Office Park
         `""'-.    `---'    ,          95 Sawyer Road
 ''--..__      `\                      Waltham, 02453 Massachusetts USA
         ``''---'`\      .'            +1 (781) 893-0390 x 126
                   `'. '               http://www.schedsys.com
                     `'.