Developing for KDE2 with KDevelop 1

Martin Piskernig martin.piskernig at stuwo.at
Mon Nov 29 22:44:24 GMT 1999

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, you wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I think developing with KDevelop 1 for KDE 2 is the best solution because
> KDevelop 2 is really unstable.
> Why don't you put the KDE2-App templates in the KDE1 tarball? Perhaps as an
> optional download.
> It's clear that compiling the Apps won't work, I have to do this is an extra
> xterm window.

Compiling _does_ work if you run "export QTDIR=/usr/qt2 ; export
KDEDIR=/usr/kde2 ; make -f Makefile.dist ; ./configure " in an xterm window
(using your paths) _only once_, then you can always compile and run your app
from KDevelop! Just after a "make distclean" or like that, you have to rerun the
above commands...

Martin