Conflicting key accelerators in menus

Christian Couder chcouder at club-internet.fr
Thu Nov 25 19:20:35 GMT 1999

Hi all,

Haakon Nilsen wrote:

> I'm using KDevelop 1.0Beta4.1. I recently noticed that some of the key
> accelerators in the menus (the letters that are underlined) in some cases
> conflict (that is, two menu items uses the same key in the same menu, so
> only the first item is selectable using the accel. key).
>
> The menu items in question are:
>
> View -> _T_ree-view
>         _T_oolbar
>
> Projects -> _O_pen
>             _O_ptions
>             Make AP_I_-Doc
>             Make D_i_stribution
>
> For instance, this makes it impossible to select "Make Distribution" by
> pressing ALT-P -> Alt-I.
>
> I'd fix it myself if I knew how to! I'm only just starting to learn :)

You should look in the following file

kdevelop-1.0beta4.1/kdevelop/ckdevelop_init.cpp

In these lines:

  view_menu->insertSeparator();
  view_menu->insertItem(i18n("&Tree-View"),this,
           SLOT(slotViewTTreeView()),0,ID_VIEW_TREEVIEW);
  view_menu->insertItem(i18n("&Output-View"),this,
           SLOT(slotViewTOutputView()),0,ID_VIEW_OUTPUTVIEW);
  view_menu->insertSeparator();
  view_menu->insertItem(i18n("&Toolbar"),this,
           SLOT(slotViewTStdToolbar()),0,ID_VIEW_TOOLBAR);
  view_menu->insertItem(i18n("&Browser-Toolbar"),this,
           SLOT(slotViewTBrowserToolbar()),0,ID_VIEW_BROWSER_TOOLBAR);

you need to change the position of & in strings like "&Toolbar".
For example you can replace "&Toolbar" with "Tool&bar".

Hope this helps.

Bye,
Christian.