fewer comments

Massimo Morin mmorin at schedsys.com
Wed Nov 24 09:43:52 GMT 1999

Hi guys,
   I'm still looking into kdevelop, so I nnave still some coments
   about it.
This apply to qt-2.0.2 kdelibs-19991001 kdesupport-19991001
kdevelop-19991104

Newer version compiles with problems....
so I keep skipping them till they are a bit more "stable"

BTW why is the tarball shrinking??? It seems the documentation is
taken out.... but is that it??

BBTW, is there anyone that tried to port kdelibs, kdesupport and os
kdevelop to windows??

Anyway, keep up the great work (I know, I know I should do much more
for this project but.... :( ).

Thanks

Max
--------------------
I'll mark W for wishlist item, B for bugs, S for suggestion
--------------------
W It could be a great idea to add images to the documentation,
  expecially for the new widget. The inline description is not always
  enought! Example:
  KLedLamp a CDE-style led lamp widget
  so???
  BTW does a widget demo exist for kde??? What I mean is a huge
  screenshot with all the widget and a demo-code for using them.
  It could be neat to integrate that into the documentation (under the
  voice "examples"). Furthermore, the possibility to copy and past the
  sample into your code will be great!

S the name of the members in the generated code are a bit
  confusing. I'm not able to  understand if a variable is a member or
  a local one.
  In my company we use to prepend a m_ to all the members, and a s_ to
  all the static memebers....
  So m_doc is the doc class member-variable, and doc only is a local
  variable.

W Back button on the editor. We can jump from decalration to
  declaration into the .h file or .cpp file. It could be good to have
  the possibility to return on the previous position in that file.
  Eg. you have method foo and bar. YUou are inspecting foo and you
  wnat to do waht bar does. You jump on bar for inspecting it. now you
  want to go back where you were in the beginning... well you cannot
  do that (anyonw knows a way??)

--
                                               _...__..-'
Massimo Morin                                .'
mmorin at schedsys.com                        .'
+1 (617) 484 2999                        .'
                                       .'
      `   `;'-.-'         '-    ._     Scheduling Systems Inc.
        .--'``  '._      - '   .       Three University Office Park
         `""'-.    `---'    ,          95 Sawyer Road
 ''--..__      `\                      Waltham, 02453 Massachusetts USA
         ``''---'`\      .'            +1 (781) 893-0390 x 126
                   `'. '               http://www.schedsys.com
                     `'.