Redhat 6.1 kdevelop crashes

Roland Knall roland.knall at gmx.net
Mon Nov 22 21:55:50 GMT 1999

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999 you wrote:

> Greetings:
>
> I am providing more information on my Redhat 6.1 with kdevelop beta4 installed.
>
> 1. I am using Redhat 6.1 Linux. I upgraded to Redhat 6.1 from Redhat 6.0 using
>    Cheapbytes 1.99 cdrom. Redhat official is to expensive. Any way, this upgrade
>    used the regular Redhat RPM's, therefore the install is "binary".
>    6.1 appears to work well. For the record - kdevelop beta4 appears to install
>    perfectly. Also, I have reverted back to bata3 but it has same problems as beta4.
>    I'm positive beta3 worked properly on Redhat 6.0.
>
> 2. Linux is installed on a Abit bm6 motherboard with 350 celeron processor.
>    b. Two hardrives, one WD 4.3 IDE and one IBM 9.1 SCSI. The SCSI is used for Linux.
>    c. One SCSI Cdrom "toshiba"
>
> 3. Qt-1.44 is installed in /usr/local as is kdevelop bata4. This qt is not part of
>    Redhat install. I downloaded it from 'www.troll.no'. The 1.44 and 2.01 in /usr/lib/
>    do not include html. There should be no confick because neither 1.44 or 2.01
>    in /usr/lib is defaulted to 'qt'. The only directories in each is a /lib. Also
>    in my home directory and in the file '.bash_profile'  I have QTDIR set to
>    /usr/local/qt.
>
>    When doing the ./configure command'  it list as, found qt in /usr/local/qt.
>    It also lists /usr/local/html for Qt docs.
>
>    Using kdevelop setup, it finds and defaults to /usr/local/qt/html for qt documation
>
> 4. I did a './configure --enable-debug' hopping to get a core dump. But I don't
>    get core dumps.  I have /etc/profile ulimit -c 30000
>

> 5. To clearify, when I click 'DOC' and then click 'Qt Library'  kdevelop just
>    simply goes away. This is what I called "crashed". Maybe the wrong terminology.
>
> Thanks to all who have replyed to this posting. I appreciate each reply.
>
> Thanks again
> Jim Bennett
I assume you were asking, where QT documentation has gone (was not clear after
reading your mail)

Once again: If you use the RPM packages comming with ANY Redhat (or cheapbytes,
halloween, etc.) the documentation for QT should be either under
/usr/doc/qt1x-devel-1.44/ (or qt1x-1.44 instead) depending on which packages
you have installed. If you have downloaded QT from Troll, you will find the
documentation in a subdir called html under the path were you extracted the
package. Assuming you extracted the package to /usr/local/qt-1.44, the correct
path will be /usr/local/qt-1.44/html .

For me it is a well known feature that KDevelop crashes if he could not found
the QT documentation, but got a path where it could be (in your case:
/usr/local/html).

 --
Roland Knall                                    	Don't take yourself too serious
mail: Roland.Knall at gmx.net                                 (by myself and many others)