Redhat 6.1 kdevelop crashes

Roland Knall roland.knall at gmx.net
Sun Nov 21 22:44:39 GMT 1999

On Sun, 21 Nov 1999 you wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Roland Knall wrote:
>
> > ...... ( Some stuff stood here, deleted it)
> >
> > Of course Redhat comes with KDE 1.1.2!!! (not KDE2 as I mentioned)
>
> RedHat 6.1 comes with both qt-1.44 & qt-2.0 libraries..If you've upgraded
> from 6.0 to 6.1 it could be that you've qt-2.0 libraries now. I heard that
> there are some problems with kdevelop-beta4.1 and qt-2.0. It might be a
> good idea to check that you still use qt-1.44.
>
> HTH
>
> suds.

I updated, I reinstalled, I installed on a totally fresh system, it is always
the same.  RH6.1 doesn't ask, or decides to install QT-1.44 If you do not
ensure to install the qt-1x and qt-devel-1x packages it ONLY installs QT-2.0.1

Of course if you upgraded your Redhat, it could happens that your old QT still
is the one QTDIR points at, but I would not bet. It's a Redhat philosophy to
install QT-2.0.1 packages and it is a stupid one, but believe me I tried
everything, it is not users fault.

 --
Roland Knall                                    	Don't take yourself too serious
mail: Roland.Knall at gmx.net                                 (by myself and many others)