Redhat 6.1 kdevelop crashes

Roland Knall roland.knall at gmx.net
Fri Nov 19 00:09:54 GMT 1999

On Thu, 18 Nov 1999 you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Today is the first time I've been on this mailing list. So if I'm repeating anything,
> my apologies ,
>
> As the subject says I crash kdevelop, only after selecting  DOC and choosing QT docs
> In KDE docs it works fine. I personally think its a Redhat 6.1 problem because
> kdevelop beta3 worked fine on RedHat 6.0. I currently have beta4 installed.
>
> Does this look familiar to anyone.
>
> Other then this problem I love kdevelop. It will be the greatest once
released. >
> Thanks,
> Jim Bennett
Take it easy. KDE under Redhat 6.1 is linked against 1.44
As I complaint earlier on this list ( somewhere in October ) Redhat got the
wrong politics referring to QT. When you use KDevelop, or want to compile
ANYTHING for the current KDE2, you should use /usr/lib/qt-1.44 instead of the
QTDIR path set. To change this permamently, edit the paths in
/etc/profile.d/qt.sh . That will set up the correct paths next startup.
(Instead you can use export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-1.44 for the current session)

About the path I am not completely shure. Definitivly you will have to install
both the qt-1x and qt-1x-devel packages. The second package includes the
kdelibs documentation, which should get somewhere under /usr/doc. But I am
using the original documentation from the kdelibs source package. It is easier.
QT documentation can be found under /usr/lib/qt-1.44

--
Roland Knall                                    	Don't take yourself too serious
mail: Roland.Knall at gmx.net                                 (by myself and many others)