Redhat 6.1 kdevelop crashes

Mathias Puetz mpuetz at unm.edu
Thu Nov 18 02:12:03 GMT 1999

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Jim W. Bennett wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Today is the first time I've been on this mailing list. So if I'm repeating anything,
>my apologies ,
>
>As the subject says I crash kdevelop, only after selecting  DOC and choosing QT docs
>In KDE docs it works fine. I personally think its a Redhat 6.1 problem because
>kdevelop beta3 worked fine on RedHat 6.0. I currently have beta4 installed.
>
>Does this look familiar to anyone.

Did you recompile from source or take the RH 6.1 binary ?
The 6.1 RPM binary didn't work for me on my vanilla RH 6.1,
because of some libjpeg incompatibility (it looks for libjpeg.so.6
but only libjpeg.so.62 is available). Was the build system for the RPM
really a cleanly installed RH 6.1 ? I doubt it, otherwise this wouldn't happen.
Anyway, forcing the install and creating the missing link to libjpeg.so.6
didn't fix it :(

After recompiling the thing from the source tar-ball I had no trouble so far.
Great work :)

By the way, the RPM installs into /opt/kde per default. RH 6.X has
kde stuff in /usr per default, you should probably change that.
While someone who is proficient in the use of RPM can easily relocate
the package, I guess many don't and fail.

Best,
Mathias

 ______________
|                                                  \
| Advanced Materials Lab (University of New Mexico) \
| 1001 University SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106         |
| phone: (505)272-7132    -O-    fax: (505)272-7336 |
|   \|/    email: mpuetz at alpha214.unm.edu    \|/    |
\___/o\________or puetz at mpip-mainz.mpg.de____/o\____/