Newcomer docs?

IceWolf icewolf at cyberway.com.sg
Thu Nov 18 00:20:23 GMT 1999

On (Thu) 18 November 99, Ling Chiat wrote:
--------------------------------------

> > Am Tue, 16 Nov 1999 schrieben Sie:
> > > Hi!
> > > I just started to work with c and c++....
> > > Is there a beginners manual for Kdevelop? Or something wich a beginner
> > > could understand ? ;-)))
> > > I always receive an error : "No rule to make target" What does this
> > > mean?
> > >
> > > Cu
> > >  And Thx  in advance
> > > Christoph

I think I've got the same message when I install KDevelop that came with
Mandrake 6.1. It seems that when you use the new project wizard, it trys to
setup your configuration files (after you press 'create'). If some error
occurs during this stage, the configure file will not be complete , and
thus, you cannot 'make the target'.

Check the 'configure.log' file for errors. What I did was I reinstall
Mandrake over itself without deleting the original partition (remember to
select the required libraries and compliers, etc), and it somehow works!?
Create a new project and build it to test whether the configuration works
properly.

*Disclaimer*
The suggestion I proposed worked for me, but I would not hold any
resposibility if anything goes wrong.

Regards,
Ling Chiat.