Cannot make two patches together (JBB's dbg and uncomment/comment)

Thomas Regner tomte at subdimension.com
Mon Nov 15 14:17:02 GMT 1999

On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, you wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > At first I sucessful patched KDevelop1.0-beta4.1 with John Birch's
> > debugger code.
> > Then I tried the comment/uncomment patch and it seemed it works but with
> > some warnings. (!)
> > After recompiling the whole KDevelop I saw the Debugger works but the
> > comment/uncomment patch has failed. Anyhow there is no comment/uncomment
> > feature in the IDE.
> >
> > Any idea?
>
> The warnings were clashes between the debugger patch and the comment/uncomment
> patch. We're both trying to amend the same file(s).
>
> You should have a/some .rej and .orig files. Use these to see what pieces of
> code didn't get updated from the comment/uncomment patch, and patch them by
> hand. Hopefully, we shouldn't be updating the exact same lines. (fingers
> crossed).
>
> > --
> >
> > Ciao + Thanks in advance,
> > --Falk

> --
> Regards,
>
> jbb
> http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~jbb

Hi,
doin´ it my way:
	applied the patch to version 4.1 to the first 4.0beta release
	renamed the directory to kedevelop...4.1
	applied the debugger-patch (jb)
	make -f Makefile.cvs
	applied the add-class-to-subfolder patch (alex kern)
	applied the comment/uncomment patch

In case of Questions of patch I said yes (why not?),
everything works fine!
except that in the .cpp file of a subfolder-added class the template isn´t
inserted (hey, it just finished compiling, don´t know if its my fault)

comment/uncomment resides in the edit-menu only, not in the context menu of the
edit widget.
Bye
Tom

 --