KDevelop with MySQL

Lieven Govaerts govaertsl at ebitec.com
Fri Nov 12 20:40:39 GMT 1999

Hi,

to start with, you should also install the client library and include
files. Although you
could directly start programming to those interfaces, I personally
suggest you also
install an ODBC library, ( http://www.freeodbc.org or
http://www.iodbc.org should
get you started. ) ODBC is, in case you don't know a platform ( unix's,
windows, mac )
and database independant layer between the client application and the
database. Using
this you can, if you decide so, switch databases without changing code
and use
SQL queries to communicate with the database.
>From what I've heard, the next version of KDE will include a standard
ODBC driver
manager, so you can be sure of not being alone using ODBC.

I'm currently developing a program that communicates with MySQL using
ODBC,
installation is not that simple but porting the code from windows seems
to be ok.

hope this helps,
Lieven Govaerts