Kdevelop will not read my documentation

OS owensavill at compuserve.com
Fri Nov 12 18:55:16 GMT 1999

I had the same problem with Mandrake 6.0 (and 6.1).

The problem for me was that Red Hat and Mandrake's kdevelop is not very well
supported ! To get it working at all I had to remove all but one compiler (gcc),
had to trawl around ftp sites for the documentation and C++ reference files.
Even when I tar'd them to the default locations, in true Red Hat fashion it went
to the 'wrong' directories !!! Racking my brains I can't remeber where it was
installed, but it is now in

/root/.kde/share/apps/kdevelop/KDE-Documentation

and works fine. Like you qt docs. worked from the start.

Sorry if you've been through all this, but hope it helps.

Owen