CVS Bug - Copying new files into project

Michael M Brockman mikey at brockman.org
Wed Nov 10 02:48:10 GMT 1999

On Tue, 09 Nov 1999, Bernd Gehrmann wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Nov 1999 Michael M Brockman wrote:
> >Minor Problem #2: No way to change the CVS settings once a Project has
> >been created ....
>
> Don't know what you mean.

The only time you get to configure CVS is when you create a new project. If you
made a mistake in your settings, the only way to recover is by editing the
.kdevprj file manually. (Not an easy task).  Unless I have missed an option
somewhere on KDevelop (possible)....

> >Major Problem: Copying existing files into a project - KDevelop fails to
> >"cvs add" them to the CVS repository. If you don't know that this
> >happens, you can lose your work....
>
> ??? If 'cvs add' fails, it's not KDevelop's problem.

I had a C project (Project_X) which I had been working on for several months. I
came to a point in the project when I discovered that I needed a series of
routines from another program (Project_Y). So I loaded Project_X into KDevelop
and did a Project->Add existing File(s) .... and brought in a file from
Project_Y .... KDevelop added the file into Project_X, but did NOT add it into
the CVS repository.

> Bernd

Thank you for responding, I hope my explanations will help. Please contact me
if you need further clarification.

By the way, Great program! Wish I had time to contribute to it.....

Thanks

Mikey