Issues with Beta4.1

Haakon Nilsen haakon.nilsen at nsd.uib.no
Sun Nov 7 19:18:31 GMT 1999

I've run over a couple of issues with KDevelop 1.0Beta4.1.

When I right-click a class in the CV and add a function by selecting "Add
member function", the new function doesn't immediately show up in the CV.
It shows up as soon as I select File->Save all. Another "issue" is that
when the CV is updated in this manner, the whole tree is collapsed, and you
have to open the relevant nodes to find your way back in.

Also, I have a feature request for the "Add class member" dialog. I found
the "Type" field a little confusing, as a startup C++ programmer. Wouldn't
it be nice if this field was also a drop-down menu with the common data
types along with the class names in the current project? Also, wouldn't it
be nice if the "Add member variable" dialog defaulted to private, not
public, since most data members will be private (I suppose)?

Just some thoughts.

Haakon Nilsen.