QT Libraries Not Found

Eugene Jansen E.JANSEN at ee.surrey.ac.uk
Thu Nov 4 08:53:38 GMT 1999

I have to agree with Owen, this seems to be quite a problem for many people
starting out - not a good thing.  I hope this will be resolved in future
when EVERYTHING has been moved to qt-2.x.

But for the time being we have to solve this particular problem on a per
user basis.  It seems as if a different solution works for different people
although ./configure breaks in the same way i.e. qt libs not found.

It will be very helpful if people could send more details on where the
./configure script fails - the best thing to do is to include the bottom
part of your config.log file.  What could be VERY informative is the last
compiler options before the script broke e.g. -L/usr/lib/qt/lib will tell
you that it expects your qt libs to reside in /usr/lib/qt/lib and the same
goes for -I where its looking for your qt header files.

With that information in hand you can confirm if indeed YOUR idea and
./configure's idea of the lib's and includes location are  the same.  The
next step is to make sure you have the *correct* qt libs at that location -
qt-1.4x

If all this is ok you can start looking into other possibilities like
upgrade your compiler etc.

Regards,
Eugene