QT Libraries Not Found

Robert.M.Wheat at barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de Robert.M.Wheat at barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Nov 3 05:23:41 GMT 1999

On Tue, 02 Nov 1999, you wrote:
> Trying to compile KDevelop on Slackware 4.
> The configure script says it can't find QT.
> Even when I pass the directory with --with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt
> My version is 1.44 which should be ok according
> to the configure script.
> I downloaded QT and compiled it into /usr/local/qt,
> but still configure would refuse to accept it.
>
> Does anyone have a clue why the configure script
> keeps balking?  Is there a way to "force" it to try
> and compile with /usr/lib/qt ?
> Greetings, Andomar.

Chances are, the problem really isn't with the QT libraries.  Check the "config.log" file.  If it's
the same problem I've seen, then for some reason the X libraries aren't being found during that
operation.  I haven't figured out the "why" of this one, but the quick solution is to give the
"configure" command the following two parameters:
--x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include  --x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib
Of course, replace the path "usr/X11R6(etc)" with the actual path on your machine.

Then again, if this isn't the problem, just ignore this e-mail.

Good luck!

--
Robert M. Wheat, Jr.
belran at worldnet.ibm.net