Visual patch manager?

Thomas Capricelli capricel at enst.fr
Tue Nov 2 12:19:26 GMT 1999

>patch I have to clear out all the '.o' files etc in kdevelop-1.0beta4objc so
>diff doesn't include them in the patch. Then of course you test the patch, find
>you've made a mistake, and have to build all the '.o' files again, test the fix
>to the patch, remove the '.o' files and so on.

	I would suggest to use the  --exclude-from=FILE option.

	I use it with 'tar' and 'diff' (man tar, diff --help).

	I use it with tar to package kde source to take home.
	I use it with 'diff -u -r -N' to make patch to the linux kernel. (which
is also a pain to re-compile every time you make a patch)

	Here is my package.ex :

-----------------
*.o
*.moc*