Installation does not value --prefix option

Torsten Reuss t.reuss at topmail.de
Mon Nov 1 13:19:10 GMT 1999

Hi there,

I am having trouble installing kdevelop because it installs in several directories:

lib and include go where they are supposed to (i.e. the directory given with
--prefix= option to ./configure)

bin goes to /usr/X11R6/

kde related stuff (mostly or only share) goes under /usr

The second thing is really a bug.  According to ./configure --help the exec-prefix should by default be the same as the prefix).

The third thing is more of a problem. There is actually a KDE installation in /usr, but it is not the one I want to install to. So, ./configure should either value what KDEDIR is set to (that's where I want to install to) or there should be additional options introduced in ./configure.

If I missed something, please tell me. This was with the latest beta 4.1.

Cheers,
Torsten

Torsten Reuss, Oy Comptel Ab                         (_\_|___|_/_)
Ruoholahdenkatu 4, FIN-00180 HELSINKI, Finland   ____/\__(o o)
Telephone: +358 9 700 11 307                    /        _\ /
Fax: +358 9 700 11 375                         #|_____|_/  O
Email: t.reuss at topmail.de                       | \   | \