KDevelop and OpenGL (MESA 3D)

Eugene Jansen E.JANSEN at ee.surrey.ac.uk
Mon Nov 1 10:52:20 GMT 1999

Robert,

I would appreciate a copy of the patch.  A friend and I have been working on
an Electronic Circuit Simulator (http://netfold.com/~vipec) for several
years now - using the Qt libs.  Currently we use a text file for the circuit
description but we would like to replace this with a schematic program -
i.e. you use a graphical interface to draw your circuit using electronic
parts from the component library (dragging and dropping on your design using
your mouse) and then connecting the component input/outputs using your mouse
to draw the connections.

We've been thinking about using OpenGL to implement this.  Do you think this
is an overkill as it would only involve 2-D graphics and no need to rotate
your viewpoint etc.

Regards,
Eugene