GOOD JOB - w/some suggestions

Jan W. Zumwalt jan99508 at zdnetmail.com
Wed Jun 30 13:48:39 BST 1999

It may seem a bit contradictory but I am an experianced programmer (mid 70's) but never got envolved with C++. I now have three tutorials in hand and am attempting a modest "K" project.

With my humble introduction out of the way, my question which is probably simple to most of you...

Can you out put directly to KMainWindow with a mechanizim such as cout or do you always have to encapsulate output into some other window type?

In my particular case I would like to send text only output in tty fashion.

For example: suppose a person wanted to show the mouse or joystick  x-y position. Could they (a bit tacky I admit) some how send lines to the base window?

joystick x=345 y=134
mouse    x=133 y=34
joystick x=634 y=235
mouse    x=160 y=44
joystick x=346 y=344
mouse    x=153 y=62

and so on?

Thanks for the help,

---
Jan W.Zumwalt
Computer Electronics
717 Northway Drive.
Anchorage, Ak 99508
V-907-258-1002
F-907-258-9006
jan99508 at zdnetmail.com

Free web-based email, anytime, anywhere!
ZDNet Mail - http://www.zdnetmail.com