Subjects

Alexander Uwah uwah at unidui.uni-duisburg.de
Tue Jun 29 12:27:30 BST 1999

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999 you wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Alexander Uwah wrote:
>
> > Hello KDevelop List Maintainer,
> > Is it possible to have the mailing list despatcher append something like
> > [KDevelop] to every mail sent? That would also help in keeping mails tidy.
> >
> > Example: this mail would show up in my mail program as
> > [KDevelop] Subjects
>
> Waste of space on the subject line. I assume you want to filter email to
> different boxes? So why not filter/sort by To and CC fields instead? You
> can also use procmail to add [kdevelop] locally at your machine before
> placing it in the inbox.
>
> /Stefan

Hi Stefan,
I don´t know a lot about using these "To" and "CC" fields. To be honest, I
don´t know a lot about mailing. I´m just contended with reading my mails with
kmail from KDE and that one lists all incoming mails gotten from my POP3 Server.

Since there are a lot of different kinds of mail (private,mailing lists, etc)
it would be nice (it´s just comfort and not THAT important) if the subjects
were as said. I´m on the omniORB mailing list for example and they do it that
way. It helps a lot, if I´m looking for an old mail specific to omniORB.

Another thing is, I don´t think all mailing programms use procmail, do they?