KDevelop 0.4 presented at the LinuxTag exhibition

Ralf Nolden Ralf.Nolden at post.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Jun 28 05:50:00 BST 1999

Hi all,

for those interested:

I have been at the LinuxTag exhibition in Kaiserslautern, Germany this
past weekend and after going to some of the tutorials, I asked at the
KDE booth if they are showing KDevelop on one of their machines. As they
didn't, I offered to do so- which worked like everything else with
Linux- just start it.

This ended in a good presentation out of the box of KDevelop 0.4-
Projects, Dialogeditor, the whole palette. Users that have used prior
versions were astonished and got a good information, so they will take
up KDevelop again. Others were amazed at how easy things are with
KDevelop, especially former windows users, and promised to give it a
try.

Finally, KDevelop was one main attraction to the visitors next to
KOffice. KDE Developers at the exhibition also got a good impression and
want to give it a shot- even some experienced ones.

In a conversation with Martin Konold, he expressed his pride about
KDevelop after so many attempts of the KDE community to build an IDE-
and now we have one.

Thanks to the KDE Team for the possibility to show KDevelop and welcome
to the new KDevelop users !

Yours,

Ralf Nolden
The KDevelop Team