KDevelop crashes

Henning Folger hf at holgu.de
Wed Jun 23 16:22:57 BST 1999

Hello,

today i have got a few problems with kdevelop 0.4 (its a very fine program,
please go on with it...)
 I created an kapplication for a few days, and today i added
some menuitems in the main file, and added a few headers in the main header
file. After that, i did not compile the project and left my room ( to a very
lonely place,hi). After comming back, there was no kdevelop window open !!
I tried to start kdevelop, but only the logo was displayed. And i saw, that my
memory was completely allocated and the swap file was full, too. KDevelop
crashed now, and i tried to start it again. But the same happend and kwm
crashed, too !

I thought that kdevelop tried to open my actual project, so i renamed the
directory. Now kdevelop started normaly. I opened my project manualy and the
same game was going on :-(
I tried to start kdevelop in a xterm enviroment, hoping to get error messages.
And so it was, kdevelop said, parsing dhloh.h .... and after a few sec.:
bus error....
Now i started kwrite to open this file, but it was ok. I modified (adding
and deleting a character) and saved it again. And now, o wounder, kdevelop
started as usual. And i could start working on... :-)

I think, that a error occured, while i was absend, by the automatic save option.
Does anyone have the same problem ? Is it a bug in the 0.4 release or a bug in
my system ?

Hening