Intellisense(tm) again

Jonas Nordin jonas.nordin at cenacle.se
Wed Jun 23 08:06:08 BST 1999

Den Tue, 22 Jun 1999 skrev du:
> Hmm, good point. Maybe we should only parse the files included by this file ?
> This means running cpp on our current file and the grepping for the class
> QString declaration ...  Emacs only looks at all it's buffers when he tries to
> complete things.
> ---- You can even preparse the includefiles once the user wrote "#include
> <foo.h>" (or that string is loaded from disk).
> Furthermore you could actually do some ai-algorithm here that matches QString to
> the headerfile qstring.h and looks in that headerfile/related database first

The parser stores all data needed to do this. All you need to find a class is
its' name. So you will parse all qt, kde, stl or other headerfiles you want to
have access to and they are all stored in the database.

The trick with intellisence stuff is to find out the type of a given expression
when you should show the popup. Like the following

CParsedItem *aObj;
((CParsedAttribute *)aObj)->

/J