Enhancing the kdevelop editor (was: Re: Intellisense (tm))

Massimo Morin mmorin at schedsys.com
Tue Jun 22 14:36:03 BST 1999

Hi,
	about the intellisense, I think it is good, but if I have to use the
mouse for selecting the method I want to use (from the popup window) to
me is a waste of time: I can more easly write enterelly the method name
in the time I move the hand from the keyboard to the mouse and then
selecting the method.
Even worse is if the popup window is going to grab the focus: you'll
never have reed of it until you re-click on the editor!

Well, I don't know how it works on Windoze (I saw a popup window on
Visual Studio and.. this is the first think I disable!), but if I may
suggest:
why not a small yellow window like the baloon and a completion via tabs?
It should work as the bash/tcsh tab key, where it completes the name
after you press tab (and beeps if no competion availabel ;) ), without
forcing you to do anything....
in that way if someone wants to write completelly the name of the
function/method/member is not forced to be interruped by this intrusive
list...

My 0.02$
			Massimo

--
Massimo Morin        | Scheduling Systems Inc.
Software Engineer    |