Intellisense (tm)

John Zedlewski j.zedlewski at itserv.com
Thu Jun 17 14:52:07 BST 1999

Well, I've been using KDevelop 0.3.1 for a little while now, and I have to say that I'm extremely impressed (downloading 0.4 tonight).  There are really two IDE features that eliminate a huge amount of wasted time for me: a great class browser (which KDev certainly has), and some kind of syntax completion, like Intellisense in MS Visual products.  You know how it goes, if I have a KTreeList object called "tree", and I type in "tree." on a new line, all the available methods and members of tree pop up in a little window.  Then if I fill it in to "tree.insertItem(" a list pops up showing me what parameters the inserItem method takes.  Nobody can remember every parameter list for every obscure class, and this really saves me from switching back and forth between documentation and my program.
Is anybody working on such a feature for KDevelop right now? If so, do they need any help?  If not, would anybody mind my giving it a shot (I'll probably have a few stupid questions, but I've looked through the code and I think I know how to go about it)?
Thanks, and congratulations on a great product!