bug in the class browser

Stephen Gallimore sg at lincolnsoftware.com
Thu Jun 17 10:44:09 BST 1999

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Jonas Nordin wrote:

> > Invoking cpp with -dM option, you get a list of #define statements
> > concerning all macros, even ones defined in included headers. I think
> > this should be useful for you...
>
> Wieeeha! Thanks a million!
>
> I guess you could first do that and then do a g++ -E on that file to expand the
> macros....
> If this works it will solve a lot of problems!
But tie Kdevelop directly to gcc. My understanding of KDE in general  is that it
is for all Unix platforms, not just Linux/FreeBSD/GNU based systems.
Unfortunate for those people wanting to use the native compilers on Solaris or
IRIX etc..The Solaris cpp for one does not support anything like -dM according
to the manual page.

I am not someone who would be upset with this scheme, but I worry about adding
hard dependencies between products; it always seems to come back to haunt you
later on for one reason or another.

-stephen