kdevelop suggestions

Petr Sulla xsulla at informatics.muni.cz
Wed Jun 16 12:12:52 BST 1999

Hello !

At first - thanxx for this great program !
I played a bit with kdevelop this night and I'd have some stupid ideas:

- 'make' changes cwd and kdevelop doesn't set it back and can't find the
sources any more (so I must restart it)    it should change the dir back
- should integrate gdb support (kdbg is nice, but...)
- language modules (eg. perl module would be nice - that's why I would
suggest to integrate debugging
   - the module would take care of it depending on the language, would
handle the classes list etc.)
- somehow kwrite is slower than I would like to ... (PII300/Matrox
Productiva 8 MB AGP/1280x1024x16bit)
  in fact it's pretty jerky on fullscreen - what about kFTE ?
- Makefile generator (something like xwpe or rhide has - not every
project must be portable and use configure :)

Great work...
I'm definitely going to use it for KDE/Qt apps :) I will continue using
FTE for the rest...

Greets
          Petr Sulla