H elp me get started!

Jan W. Zumwalt jan99508 at zdnetmail.com
Fri Jun 11 10:03:05 BST 1999

I was in the same boat. I got a really neat little program from someone that automaticaly creates a simple KDE window. Im sorry I do not know the name. I placed a copy on my website and if you are interested you can go there or e-mail me and I will get the exact name.

I use SUSE 6.0 and 6.1 which does a good job of installing KDE. I was swamped with trying to figure out a "hello world" program so I spent a couple nights hunting around. I placed all that I found at my website.

www.neatinfo.com

then click on "Linux" then "KDE"

good luck
---
Jan W.Zumwalt
Computer Electronics
717 Northway Drive.
Anchorage, Ak 99508
V-907-258-1002
F-907-258-9006
jan99508 at zdnetmail.com

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999 21:51:47   Christian Parg wrote:
>david wynn wrote:
>>
>> note from Mailinglist-Maintainer: sorry I must modify the subject because of some filters :-(
>> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>
>> I'm still trying to get started programming in Linux.  I'm currently using
>> RedHat 5.2, KDE 1.1.1, and Kdevelop 0.3, which I downloaded the RPM for.
>>
>> After installing the Kdevelop RPM, I tried to compile a simple program which
>> I wrote and compiled in DJGPP on DOS, and wanted to use to test the
>> functionality of Kdevelop.
>--- snip --
>

>Hi David !
>
>That sounds like my first experiences.
>First of all: Better wait for a few days when V 0.4 of kdevelop comes
>out.
>
>I made better experiences by compiling the source of kdevelop than
>installing a rpm.
>
>Try to make a mini KDE Projekt with the AppWizard, though you only want
>to write a console
>application. That worked for me in V0.3.1, when I tried to make just a
>Qt Programm.
>You can delete the code generated for the KDE stuff.
>I think, there were some bugs with the project management in 0.3.1. So
>better wait for
>0.4 or try the weekly snapshot, like I do.
>

>Hope it helps, Christian.

Free web-based email, anytime, anywhere!
ZDNet Mail - http://www.zdnetmail.com