Several probs with KDevel

Stefan Poppe poppe at physik.uni-kl.de
Mon Jun 7 22:05:45 BST 1999

Hello

I tried to compile and install the Snapshot from June 1st.
When doing configure I get the following error message:

./configure: AM_PROG_LEX: command not found

but the script continues. Doing make afterwards, compilation fails in
the classparser subdirectory with the following error:

lex -+ tokenizer.l && mv lex.yy.cc tokenizer.cc
/usr/bin/flex: Can't use -+ with -l option
make: *** [tokenizer.cc] Error 1

I played around with the Makefile in that dir and replaced

 	$(LEX) -+ tokenizer.l && mv lex.yy.cc tokenizer.cc
with
	/usr/bin/flex -+ tokenizer.l && mv lex.yy.cc tokenizer.cc

Now compilation and installation completes.
(flex 2.5.3 is installed)

The next problem occurs when I try to create a new project with the
Wizard (QtApp). When it creates the files it ends up with an error
message.

^/home/poppe/src/c++/qttest4//: nested *?+ in regexp at automoc line
360.
make:
/configure": No such file or directory at
/opt/kde/share/apps/kdevelop/tools/processesend.pl line 37.

The project is created, but without Makefile. Is this a intended change
from 0.3.1 or another glitch?

I had kdevelop 0.3.1 working with KDE 1.1, QT 1.42 and gcc 2.7.x. But
now, upgraded to KDE 1.1.1, QT 1.44 and egcs I keep getting those
errors.
Any comments welcome.

Thanks,
Stefan