SEGFAULT in options dialog and FIX (2)

Torsten Uhlmann TUhlmann at debis.com
Sun Jun 6 14:09:05 BST 1999

I everybody,

I wrote this problem to the list already but there was no reply whatsoever and
the problem is still there (CVS from today).

The segfault occurs on my system (SuSE 6.1, qt-1.44, KDE1.1.1)
whenever I open the options dialog and close it with OK
without checking or unchecking anything.

The problem is solved by patching cprjoptionsdialog.cpp from
line 1480 onward. Here is the old code:

         QString *str = (QString*) m_set_modify_line->text();
if (!str->isEmpty()) {
text+=" -W";
text+= m_set_modify_line->text();
}

 str = (QString*) m_optional_line->text();
if (!str->isEmpty()) {
text+=" ";
text+= m_optional_line->text();
}

This is how I changed this piece:

QString str;

  str.setStr(m_set_modify_line->text());
  if (!str.isEmpty()) {
    text+=" -W";
    text+= m_set_modify_line->text();
  }

  str.setStr(m_optional_line->text());
  if (!str.isEmpty()) {
    text+=" ";
    text+= m_optional_line->text();
  }

Please include this in the CVS source or fix it a different way, it´s just a
bit annoying to apply this patch eache day I downloaded the new sources...

 --

best regards,
Torsten Uhlmann

TUhlmann at gmx.de