More than one compiler

Manuel Flamerich mef at technologist.com
Fri Jul 23 23:52:09 BST 1999

I'm trying to add support for java in KDevelop, so I added the "Java" tab
to avoid editing in the "Header/Resource" tab. I liked the proposal of an
independent KJDevelop, but I really don't know how to start such thing.
I'm a newbie in KDevelop and KDE, but I have a lot of experience in Java.
I'm using KDevelop as a Java IDE because I really hate any other Java IDE I
tried (and I tried a lot of them). I just want a very good source code
editor, integrated with CVS, etc, but not necessarily a visual bean builder.

I want an opinion about the best way to handle the java support:
 - hacking KDevelop, or
 - try to make a KJDevelop based on KDevelop code.