simple k-project

Jan W. Zumwalt jan99508 at zdnetmail.com
Thu Jul 22 12:39:29 BST 1999

What I and other folks are looking for is a simple example of using the KDE development tool. The first project that I have chosen for myself is a check writing template.

The trouble I am having is getting the interfaces at the proper location. For example, what is needed for a simple text box to show up on the screen.

The QT tutorials are excelant in this area - but they really are not adaptable to the KDE dev environment.

Even a simple hello world in a text box would be helpful. It would show proper interfacing. I would be able to adapt from there.

Thanks for your reply.
---
Jan W.Zumwalt
Computer Electronics
717 Northway Drive.
Anchorage, Ak 99508
V-907-258-1002
F-907-258-9006
jan99508 at zdnetmail.com

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999 17:14:21   John Zedlewski wrote:
>What kind of help are you looking for?  Something to illustrate KDE
>programming?  Or something that focuses more on using the IDE?  Something
>else entirely?  I'm working on a beginner's KDE-programming tutorial
>(KDevelop-centric), and I'd like to know what info would be most helpful.
>Thanks!
>--JZ

Free web-based email, anytime, anywhere!
ZDNet Mail - http://www.zdnetmail.com