That damn startup logo

Stefan Mars mars at lysator.liu.se
Sat Jul 10 15:45:09 BST 1999

There is a slight problem with the startup logo, at least with some
windowmanagers (haven't done much testing), and it's been with us for some
time.

What happens for me is that the logo is always displayed on top, and isn't
closed until that "tip" box closes. Unfortunaly, the startup logo is
always displayed over the "tipbox" buttons, forcing me to drag things
around before I can close the tipbox and thereby the logo.

A bit annoying :) Can we change it so that the startup logo is always
killed just before displaying the tipbox?

The following patch should take care of that.

*** kdevelop.mine/kdevelop/main.cpp     Wed Jun  2 20:53:52 1999
--- kdevelop/kdevelop/main.cpp  Sat Jul 10 16:42:42 1999
***************
*** 69,74 ****
--- 69,78 ----

      a.getConfig()->setGroup("TipOfTheDay");
      bool showTip=a.getConfig()->readBoolEntry("show_tod",true);
+     if(bStartLogo){
+       start_logo->close();
+       bStartLogo = false;
+     }
      if(showTip){
        kdevelop->slotHelpTipOfDay();
      }

/Stefan

| Stefan Mars              |Student, Applied physics & Electrical engineering |
| Bjoernkaerrsgatan 15B:30 |Linkoping Institute of Technology                 |
| S-584 36 Linkoping       |                                                  |
| Sweden                   |Email: mars at lysator.liu.se Phone: +46 (0)13175384 |
|         Maintainer of The THX Home Cinema Buyers Guide, located at          |
|               http://www.lysator.liu.se/%7Emars/thxguide.html               |
\--------------------- PGP key available through finger ----------------------/