Disabling beep

Bavo De Ridder bavodr at poboxes.com
Tue Aug 31 17:43:46 BST 1999

On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, you wrote:
>Whenever a build finishes in KDevelop, a loud beep is emitted, which
>often wakes my mom during my nighttime coding sessions. Can anyone tell
>me how to disable this beep?

I got rid of beeps like this:

on my computercase there is button 'Turbo' doing nothing. I wired it to the
speaker and now I can enable/disable my speaker.

However ..... the 'Turbo' is next to the 'Reset' button, up until now I
probably resetted my system more than I disabled the speaker :-)

BDR

p.s. You can off course disable through software but I wouldn't know how :-)