Importing old projects.

Jochen Kuepper Jochen.Kuepper at fernuni-hagen.de
Wed Aug 25 22:14:27 BST 1999

On Mit, 25 Aug 1999 jason at moberg.com wrote:
>On 25-Aug-99 Sandy Meier wrote:

>>> I just started using kdevelop.  So far I am impressed.  I do have one gripe
>>> though.  I imported an old Linux project that included over 500 source
>>> files, and the only way I could find to do it was to place my source tree
>>> into a new project then right on each file in the "RFV" treeview and select
>>> "Add file to project".  Which brought up a yes/no question dialog for each
>>> file.  As you can imagine this is a very tedious process.  Is there an
>>> easier way to do this that I just missed?

>> "project->add existing files..." and KDevelop copies the files and add them
>> to your project.

>What about if the files are scattered in different subdirectories? As far as
>I could tell, I have to add each directory manually.

Yep, and actually it doesn't like my directory structure at all, somehow.
It puts in news directories and files, puts the docu wherever it wants, and
later on complains it doesn'ft find this or that.

Great tool, but not there for the bigger projects, it looks to me.

-- Jochen
Jochen.Kuepper at FernUni-Hagen.de
http://www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~jochen